Greenfield Community College

Greenfield Community College

Frequently asked questions / I took classes at another college, how do I get credit for those classes?

The first step is to have an official transcript sent from your previous college to GCC using the address below:

Greenfield Community College
One College Dr.
Greenfield, MA 01301

“ATTENTION: Admissions” if you are an incoming student and “ATTENTION: Registrar” if you are currently taking classes at GCC.

Our transfer credit evaluator will determine what classes will transfer based on your current major. Your transfer credit will then be added to your GCC record and will show on your transcript. You can check your transcript in your MyGCC.

If your credits are not showing, contact the Registrar’s Office. It may be we did not receive your transcript or that not all your classes transferred as equivalent GCC classes. If you have changed your major, a new evaluation may be needed. Please consult the academic catalog for more information on the transfer credit evaluation criteria.