“Assignments” are drop boxes where instructors can collect files created by students (there is also and option for a text submission which would provide students a text boxes they can type or paste answers). We have Moodle configured to use “Annotate PDF” which allows faculty to review PDF submissions and give feedback (including “writing” on top of the submission).
The links below point to items in the Moodle Users classroom which in in GCC’s installation of Moodle, so you may be prompted to login with your GCC credentials. GCC faculty can copy and paste links to these items inside their Moodle classrooms.
- Adding an Assignment to Your Classroom. This page takes faculty step-by-step through adding an assignment and configuring the settings.
- Submitting Assignments for Students. This shows the steps for uploading and confirming submissions. For word processor documents, presentations, and other files that can be made into PDF, that is the best option when submitting
- Find the Export as PDF Option in the common productivity tools
- Submitting Assignments from Chromebooks for Students
- Adobe Scan is a free app for iOS and Android that allows users to take a photograph of a document or object and save it as a PDF, the video on the linked page demonstrates its use, including uploading to Moodle.
- Grading Submissions
- Seeing Grades and Feedback