Welcome to the section of GCC’s web site maintained by the coordinator of instructional technology. While that role is primarily responsible for supporting faculty as they use Moodle and other technologies for teaching and learning, there are many resources here that are useful for students as well. Current initiatives in this area include:
- Updating the “How-to Course” which is available on Moodle;
- Revising “The GCC Suggested Design Element for Online Courses;”
- Collaborating with faculty, IT, and other academic staff and leaders to demonstrate and evaluate online learning for community college students;
- Exploring how video conferencing, podcasting, annotating, and designing for mobile technologies affect our work.
Many of the resources in this field are being culled and updated to reflect our current systems and practices. If you don’t see what you need to the Instructional Technology Blog, then contact Dr. Gary Ackerman (details are to the right) and he will point you in the right direction, or create what you need.
Information Technology at GCC:
- Log on to GCC’s installation of Moodle
- GCC’s Student Help Desk
- GCC’s Faculty Help Desk
- Computer rooms at GCC
- Educational Technology at GCC
- GCC’s Information Technology site