Are you eligible for the Commonwealth Commitment? Take our pre-screening questionnaire and find out!
The Commonwealth Commitment is a program of MassTransfer that makes it easier and more affordable than ever to earn a bachelor’s degree at one of Massachusetts’ state universities or colleges. Save an average of $5000 with a guaranteed freeze on tuition and fees for all four years upon entry to an eligible community college program! Learn more at http://www.mass.edu/MaComCom.
You commit to:
- Beginning at GCC (or any other Massachusetts community college)
- Completing an associate degree within 2.5 years
- Transferring to one of Massachusetts’ state universities or colleges
- Completing a bachelor’s degree within 2 more years
- Full-time, continuous enrollment and a cumulative 3.0 GPA
We commit to:
- Freezing your tuition & fees for all 4 years upon entry into the Commonwealth Commitment program, until you graduate or leave
- Reducing your tuition & mandatory fees by:
- Giving you a check or bookstore voucher at the end of every successfully completed semester, equivalent to a 10% rebate off tuition & mandatory fees
- Giving you an additional MassTransfer tuition credit once you enroll in an eligible bachelor’s degree program
Eligibility and appeals:
In order to maintain eligibility in the Commonwealth Commitment program, you must adhere to specific guidelines. These guidelines include:
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester
- Be on track to complete your sssociate degree in 2.5 years or less
- Maintain Massachusetts residency
If a student’s cumulative GPA falls below 3.0, they will have a probationary period of two semesters to raise their GPA.
Students can request an appeal by completing our Commonwealth Commitment Appeal Form if they can demonstrate extenuating circumstances that prevent them from satisfying program requirements.