Chromebooks are available for current GCC students with library cards in good standing. A photo ID is required at time of checkout.
Please note that Chromebooks only have Chrome web browsing capability. Microsoft Office and Read & Write Gold are not available on Chromebooks.
You can request a laptop via the library catalog. If one is not immediately available, a hold will be placed. Holds are filled in the order they are received.
- Work should be saved to an external device, cloud service, or Google Docs.
- Must follow GCC Information Technology Department Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.gcc.mass.edu/webdocs/hr/Acceptable-Use-Policy.pdf)
- Must be returned in person with charger and carrying case to a library staff member during regular library hours and student must remain during the check in procedure. DO NOT USE THE LIBRARY BOOK DROP.
- Failure to return, loss, damage or tampering with the Chromebook and/or its accessories will result in a bill for up to $350 for replacement and a hold on your college account which can impact registration, grades, transcripts, diplomas and certificates until the Library Account is satisfied.
- The safety and care of the Chromebook and accessories is the sole responsibility of the borrower upon check out. Do not leave the Chromebook unattended. Do not leave the Chromebook in areas where temperatures that are extreme (hot or cold). Do not lend the Chromebook to anyone, including but not limited to family, friends, other students, etc.