WiFi hotspots are available for current GCC students with library cards in good standing. A photo ID is required at time of checkout.
You can request a hotspot via the library catalog. If one is not immediately available, a hold will be placed. Holds are filled in the order they are received.
- Must be returned in person with charger and carrying case to a library staff member during regular library hours. DO NOT USE LIBRARY BOOK DROP.
- Overdue HotSpots will be deactivated within 24 hours beyond their due date.
- Failure to return, loss or damage to a HotSpot and/or its accessories will result in a bill for up to $100 for replacement and a HOLD on your college account which can impact registration, grades, transcripts, diplomas and certificates until the Library account is satisfied.
- The safety and care of the HotSpot and accessories is the sole responsibility of the borrower upon check out. Do not leave the HotSpot in areas where the temperatures are extreme (hot or cold).
- While using the hotspot, you are subject to T-Mobile’s terms and conditions.
T-MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Misuse of Service or Device. You agree not to misuse the Service or any Device, including: (a) reselling or rebilling our Service; (b) using the Service or Device to engage in unlawful activity, or engaging in conduct that adversely affects our customers, employees, business, or any other person(s), or that interferes with our operations, network, reputation, or ability to provide quality service; (c) tampering with or modifying your Device; (d) “spamming” or engaging in other abusive or unsolicited communications; (e) reselling T-Mobile Devices for profit, or tampering with, reprogramming or altering Devices for the purpose of reselling the Device; or (f) assisting or facilitating anyone else in any of the above activities.
Intellectual Property. You agree not to infringe, misappropriate or injure the intellectual property rights of T-Mobile or any third party. Except for a limited license to use the Services or Devices arising from the sale of a product, your borrowing of T-Mobile Devices and Services does not grant you any license to copy, modify, reverse engineer, download, redistribute, or resell the intellectual property of T-Mobile or others related to the Devices and Services, which may be used only with T-Mobile Service unless expressly authorized by T-Mobile.
Examples of Permitted and Prohibited Uses of the Service and Your Device
Permitted uses include:
- Voice calls;
- Web browsing;
- Streaming music;
- Uploading and downloading applications and content to and from the Internet or third party stores;
- Using applications and content without excessively contributing to network congestion; and
- Tethering your Device to other non-harmful devices pursuant to the terms and conditions and allotments of your Data Plan.
Unless explicitly permitted by your Rate Plan or Data Plan, you are not permitted to use your Device or the Service in a way that we determine:
- Uses a repeater or signal booster other than one we provide to you;
- Compromises network security or capacity, degrades network performance, uses malicious software or “malware”, hinders other customers’ access to the network, or otherwise adversely impacts network service levels or legitimate data flows;
- Uses applications which automatically consume unreasonable amounts of available network capacity;
- Uses applications which are designed for unattended use, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections, or applications that are used in a way that degrades network capacity or functionality;
- Misuses the Service, including “spamming” or sending abusive, unsolicited, or other mass automated communications;
- Accesses the accounts of others without authority;
- Resells the Service, either alone or as part of any other good or service;
- Tampers with, reprograms, alters, or otherwise modifies your Device to circumvent any of our policies or violate anyone’s intellectual property rights;
- Conflicts with applicable law;
- Is not in accordance with these T&Cs; or
- Attempts or assists or facilitates anyone else in any of the above activities.