Greenfield Community College

Greenfield Community College

Non-Matriculated Students

A non-matriculated student is one who wants to enroll in classes at GCC for credit but does not plan to complete a degree program or certificate at GCC or receive financial aid.

Examples of non-matriculated students include:

  • a student who is enrolled at another college or university and is looking to take classes at GCC
  • a student who is looking to take one class for on-the-job professional development
  • a student who moved to the area and is looking to accelerate their enrollment at a college or university outside the area

If you plan to complete a degree or certificate program at GCC and/or apply for financial aid, you must apply to the college as a new, returning, or transfer student.

How to enroll as a non-matriculated student

  1. Complete, sign and initial both sides of the Registration Form.
  2. Mail, fax, or bring your registration form to the Academic Advising Center (AAC). You must also include proof of required prerequisite courses from your unofficial transcript.
    Fax: (413) 775-1877 Email: Phone: (413) 775-1339.
  3. An advisor from the Advising Center will sign your registration form approving the required prerequisites through placement testing or an unofficial transcript submission. If you do not have the required prerequisites, you will not be registered for the class/es and will receive a call from an advisor.
  4. Enrollment Services will send you a confirmation to the email you provided with your login credentials for MyGCC.
  5. The Bursar’s Office will send you a bill for the cost of your course(s).

Special note regarding out of state students: All out of state students pay out-of-state rates unless they are enrolled in online classes. Those classes are typically charged at the evening rate. However, if you are registered for both lecture and online, the lecture classes will be charged at the out-of-state rate unless it is an evening lecture class. Contact the Bursar’s Office for more information.

Special note regarding students who are auditing: If you are auditing a class as a non-matriculated student, there is no required advisor signature. However, you must check the box for auditing on the registration form. Students who are auditing may submit their form directly to Enrollment Services.

Questions? Send us a message!