We use multiple measures of placement when possible, however, taking a placement test may be the most appropriate way to evaluate your English and mathematics ability. Please request an appointment for your placement test.
Starting Monday, 12/28/2020 we will be holding “pop-in” Accuplacer placement testing through zoom. Our hours for starting testing will be 9 am – 2 pm, Monday-Friday (please note that our office will be closed, 12/31 and 1/1). Click here to connect: Pop In Accuplacer Testing Via Zoom (Meeting ID: 989 1864 5166)
Next Generation Accuplacer tests have been used since January 2019. However, existing Classic Accuplacer scores may still be used for placement. English placement scores do not expire, Math placement scores expire after 5 years. Before enrolling into courses, the English placement tests can be taken 3 times and Math twice.
- Accommodations: If you feel you need accommodations for testing, please contact our Wellness Center before scheduling testing (note that the tests are not timed): http://www.gcc.mass.edu/ds/accommodations/
- To Review: Students (especially those who have been out of school for some time) will benefit from reviewing English, arithmetic, quantitative reasoning and algebra.
- From the College Board
- For the latest downloadable free study AP and downloadable Practice Questions click here: Prepare for Accuplacer
- Check GCC’s Math Department for more review material http://www.gcc.mass.edu/math/placement-testing/
- Additional resources:
- Math and English assessment and review: edready.com
- Accuplacer study guide: https://www.mometrix.com/academy/accuplacer-study-guide/
- From the College Board
- Please Note: To take the Accuplacer test remotely you will need
- A computer (desktop or laptop) connected to the internet – you cannot take the test on a phone.
- A way to connect to use through zoom — download and install Zoom: https://www.zoom.us/download#client_4meeting. To check that Zoom was set up correctly, click here: https://www.zoom.us/test. Please use the option to join with video.
- Check that your computer can run ACCUPLACER by clicking here: https://www.accuplacer.org/#/systemRequirement. You will need to use either Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge for a web browser (the test really doesn’t like Safari).
- Please have a photo ID that you can show us and extra scrap paper that you can use while you are testing.
- Bring a photo ID with you on testing day. That’s all you will need. We will provide everything else! Please do not bring your children with you because we have no facilities to take care of them and they are not allowed in the testing lab.
- Accuplacer Score Placement
For questions about Computerized Placement Testing, call (413) 775-1821.