Click the arrows next to each section below to learn more! We encourage you to check back regularly since this program is still taking shape. Please use the form below to contact us about any specific questions you might have in the meantime.
TCC students will earn between 6-14 college-level credits over two semesters (Fall and Spring), as well as any developmental-level coursework they might need. In addition to academic classes, TCC students will work with an advisor to select a certificate or degree program that aligns with their interests and skills, develop study strategies, participate in GCC events, and explore career options.
Fall (September 2nd to December 16th):
- College Success Seminar (3 college-level credits)
- English based on placement:
- Developmental Reading & Writing (8 developmental-level credits)
- Developmental Writing & English Comp I (4 developmental-level credits, 3 college-level credits)
- English Comp I (3 college-level credits)
Fall classes will be fully online or online with specific days and times that students will need to log-in. The TCC Advisor will help students make schedule choices that work best for them.
Spring (January 25th to May 12th):
- Math based on placement (3-4 developmental or college-level credits)
- General Education Elective or English Comp I if not completed in Fall (3-4 college-level credits)
+ TCC Program Orientation
In addition to GCC’s New Student Orientation, TCC students will have a program orientation. Both will take place in mid- to late-August. The 2020 Orientation will include introductory workshops to help TCC students prepare for online learning.
+ Cohort Activities
TCC students will take a College Success class and participate in other activities, like study groups and field trips, together as a group.
+ Academic Advisor & Success Coach
TCC students will have a dedicated advisor who will work with them from application to program completion. Participants can expect to meet with their advisor individually and in groups regularly.
+ ESOL Support
ESOL coursework (credit and non-credit) will be available to those who need it.
+ All GCC Resources
TCC students have access to all the Student Support Services & Resources available at GCC!
Before the start of the Fall semester:
- Complete TCC program application – we will help with this! The application will be available in mid to late June.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – we will help with this, too!
- Complete required placement testing
- Virtual meeting with the TCC Advisor to discuss academic plans and register for classes
- Attended both the GCC and TCC Orientations
In order to be eligible for continued Spring funding, participants should:
- Attend their Fall classes and complete their coursework to the best of their ability
- Meet with their TCC advisor regularly
- Participate in ongoing TCC events and workshops
The 2020-2021 TCC Program has space for 15 students. Minimum eligibility includes:
+ Currently enrolled, recent graduate, or alum of a Massachusetts Adult Education Program
+ Earned high school equivalency (HiSET or GED) – some exceptions may be made for students who have not fully completed their testing
+ Able to enroll in the academic classes included in the TCC program – participants can take more than the minimum credits included in the program but they cannot substitute other academic classes in place of those included in TCC
+ Willing to commit to the program for the full academic year
+ Intend to earn a degree or certificate
Current college students or individuals who have already earned some college credits may still be eligible if they meet these minimum eligibility requirements.
Additional criteria may need to be determined based on limited program capacity. The TCC Advisor will work with all applicants to ensure the eligibility criteria are clear.
Recruitment into the TCC program has not yet begun. Interested individuals will need to apply – our online application will be available in mid- to late June! In the meantime, complete the form below to stay on our contact list and we can email or call you when the application is ready. Feel free to include any questions you have about the program in the open comments section.