Bill Due Date:
FALL 2014 BILLS WERE DUE 8/6/14. For any classes added after that date, including late start classes, charges are due immediately. Your account is PAST DUE if:
- You haven’t enrolled in our 4-month payment plan
- You don’t have enough financial aid to pay your entire balance
- Or, you haven’t submitted third party payment commitment.
Remember, if you are considering dropping a class, exchanging (dropping one class and adding another) classes, or if you wish to withdraw from classes altogether, it is very important that you thoroughly read our refund policy to learn when you will be entitled to a reduction in charges or a refund of any payments made. Our refund policy is also stated on the reverse of all hard-copy bills we send you or on page two of the electronic version of your bill.
Accessing Your Bill Online:
Each time an electronic bill (e-bill) is available for you to view and print online, an email message will be sent to your GCC student e-mail account as well as any active personal e-mail accounts we have on file. Upon receipt of the email notification, review the helpful links that will assist you in paying your bill. Be sure to remit payment immediately if your account is past due. We urge students to pay online through your “MyGCC” account in order to expedite the payment process.
To access your e-bill online, do the following:
- Log into your MyGCC account. To log in, enter your user ID which is typically your student ID number. When logging in for the first time, your password (PIN) is usually your date of birth (enter date format as MMDDYY). If you need help logging in, click the “Need Help” link.
- Place your cursor over “My Account”
- Click “View Statement” located under the “Billing” menu.
- From the dropdwon menu, choose the statement bill date of the statement you wish to view.
In addition to your online e-bill, we will continue to mail you are hardcopy. NOTE: Whenever you change your schedule, it will result in adjustments to your charges. Therefore, you will receive a new bill anytime you make changes to your schedule during the allowed time frame. That new bill is due immediately.
Billing Questions & Contacts:
You can find answers to most of your billing questions by clicking our FAQs. Or, contact the GCC Student Billing (Bursar’s) Office. Any of our staff members can assist you.
For information regarding your Financial Aid package call: 413-775-1109.
For information regarding the official process for adding or dropping a class or withdrawing altogether contact Enrollment Services at 413-775-1807/1801 or call the Advising Center at 413-775-1339. Click the “Refunds” menu option for general guidance regarding the process for withdrawal and our refund policy.
A 4-month payment plan is available. For more information, see Payment Plan.
Refund Policy & Explanation of Charges:
Health Insurance Charge: MUST BE WAIVED BY AT LEAST THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES. If you are eligible to waive, you must complete a new online waiver each semester you are charged. To waive this charge or to learn more about the Student Health Insurance Plan, place your cursor over the “Insurance Overview” tab and choose your menu option. If you choose the “Waiving the Insurance Charge” option, you should read the information provided regarding eligibility to waive and what constitutes comparable coverage. The waiver link is at the bottom of the page. Once you click the waiver link, you will be re-directed to the Insurance servicer’s website to complete the waiver form. You must verify and certify that you are eligible to waive this charge. A confirmation number will be provided upon successful submission.
A green billing worksheet typically accompanys each fall and spring billing statement we send you by mail. We hope to have an electronic version of the worksheet available soon via your “MyGCC” account.
You are required to submit a Billing Worksheet with your first payment if:
- all or a portion of your bill is being paid by: a third party, a tuition and/or fee waiver, financial aid, or scholarship
- you are participating in our 4-month payment plan (fall and spring semesters only)
- you want to complete the Waiver of Confidentiality (now known as the FERPA Waiver/Authentication Form) in order to authorize the Student Billing (Bursar’s) Office to discuss your bill and tuition and fee account and/or the Financial Aid Office to discuss your FAFSA and possible awards/loans with you over the phone or with a third party you designate on the form.
NOTE: When completing the Billing Worksheet, if you list alternative financial resources (such as financial aid, third party payments, scholarships, waivers, or in-house grants) that you expect will be paying all or a portion of your bill , you must submit acceptable documentation as proof of that financial resource. Click the related link above for relavant financial resource to learn what constitutes acceptable documentation for each. Upon completion of the worksheet, you must sign the student certification statement at the bottom of the form. If you are required to submit a billing worksheet and you are submitting your payment by mail, you can use the calculator to determine the amount you owe. However, the completed (signed and dated) hardcopy of the Green Billing Worksheet must be submitted with your payment.
FERPA Waiver/Authentication Form:
This waiver is mandatory if you wish to authorize the Student Billing Office and/or the Financial Aid Office to discuss details of your financial aid and/or tuition and fee account with you over the phone, or with third party(s) you designate (parent, spouse, employer, government agency, etc.) by phone or in person. For additional details about the FERPA waiver, choose “FERPA Waiver” under the “Forms” menu.