GCC offers several options for credit by examination. Study guides for challenge exams are available in the Testing Center or Student and Academic Affairs (C205).
- Complete the Credit By Exam Application Form and submit it to the Bursar’s Office to have the testing fee assessed to your account.
- Pay the appropriate fee in the Bursar’s Office. Your test can not be scheduled until the fee is paid.
- Schedule an appointment for the exam by calling the appropriate number below.
- Bring this form with you on the date of your exam.
Courses that can be challenged for credit
|Course Code||Title||Credits||Call to schedule|
|ACC 121||Principles of Financial Accounting I||4||775-1440|
|ACC 122||Principles of Financial Accounting II||4||775-1440|
|CIS 140||Microcomputer Software Tools I||3||775-1440|
|CIS 145||Relational Database Design and App.||3||775-1440|
|CIS 150||Programming Principles & Concepts||3||775-1440|
|CIS 180||Network Workstation Administration||3||775-1440|
|CIS 251||JAVA Programming||3||775-1440|
|CIS 280||Network Server Administration||3||775-1440|
|MUS 107||Music Theory I||3||775-1228|
|MUS 147||Aural Skills I||3||775-1228|
|BIO 126||Biology I||*||775-1821|
* Bio 126 exam is for waiver of prerequisite only. Credit for the course will not be given.
Credit for prior experience in foreign language
It is possible to earn credit for the following classes if you can demonstrate prior language experience:
- FRE 101 Elementary French I
- FRE 102 Elementary French II
- SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 102 Elementary Spanish II
Please see GCC’s World Languages Department website for more information.