Format of Test
- HiSET test: can be completed on Paper or Computer, in English or Spanish. However, you must register online and select format of the test ahead of time. Note in 2019 the cost for Paper tests will increase.
- GED test: Computer tests in English or Spanish. Paper tests are only for those with special accommodations.
Massachusetts High School Equivalency Credential Requirements
There are age, school enrollment status and residency requirements to take the High School Equivalency Assessment in Massachusetts. You will be required to present a completed eligibility form (Click to download form: EligibilityForm.pdf, EligibilityForm.doc) verifying your information when you take the test. Please see the details of requirements included on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website:Department of Education High School Equivalency General Information
- HiSET™ Paper Form testing takes place in the Main building room N220 or the Testing Center (room C110)
- HiSET™ Computer form testing takes place in the East Building, Room E150 or the Testing Center (room C110)
- GED Computer tests takes place in the Testing Center (room C110)
What to bring on the day of the test
- Identification – you must present proper identification at the testing location for each test session. Outdated or expired identification will not be accepted. Failure to provide documentation will prohibit you from taking the test. The approved identification documents include:
- A valid Passport
- A valid driver’s license from any state
- A state-issued ID card
- National ID card
- Military ID card