ALERT GCC is used by Greenfield Community College to notify students and employees in an emergency situation. ALERT GCC will be activated for:
- Emergencies: emergencies include, but not limited to, dangerous weather approaching, bomb threats and suspicious packages, and incidents that threaten the safety of the community.
- College Closures: If the college is going to be closed for the day or needs to close due to an emergency ALERT GCC may be activated
- Tests: Typically once in the Spring semester and once in the Fall semester
All GCC student and employee email accounts are part of ALERT GCC. Students and employees personal phones and emails should be updated on the ALERT GCC form found in MyGCC; we strongly encourage you to do this. To update your personal contact information for ALERT GCC:
- Sign in to your MyGCC account
- Click on the “My Account” button and then select “ALERT GCC Update information” in the Personal Information section.
- At the ALERT GCC Update Information page, update your information.
- Click on the “Submit Changes” button.
- Changes made to ALERT GCC information will not take effect until 9pm each night.
- Phone and email information will automatically be removed from ALERT GCC once you are no longer enrolled in classes or employed at GCC.
- At the end of each semester, student information will be temporarily removed from the emergency alert database unless you are enrolled in courses. When you return, your previously entered information will be reactivated.
- Do not enter any GCC email addresses or college phone numbers on your personal emergency alert information page.
- There is no cost to GCC students or employees to add personal contact information to ALERT GCC, but you will be responsible for any text message charges assessed by your service provider.
- E-mails from ALERT GCC come from email@example.com.
- Phone calls from ALERT GCC come from 413-775-7333.
Please contact Public Safety (413-775-1212) if you have any questions.
GCC is in the process of installing several Alertus Beacons on both the Main and Downtown Campuses. These devices display messages from the ALERT GCC system as an added layer of notification. Below is a short video demonstrating an activation of one of the devices.