The Library has 56 computers available, including a 23-station computer lab, 7 quick print/email stations, and 16 desktops available throughout the library. Free printing and wireless internet access is available. Other equipment includes scanners, a coin-operated photocopier ($.10/page), and video/DVD viewing stations.
We also have the following items available for short-term borrowing within the Library by GCC students, faculty, and staff:
- 10 laptops
- iPhone and Android phone chargers
- USB flash drives (a.k.a. thumb drives)
- External DVD drives
The Library’s Computer Lab is available for public use unless a class is in session (this is posted daily on a whiteboard next to the room’s entrance). Public computers are also available elsewhere throughout the library. You can also check out a laptop to use while you’re in the Library. Ask for one at the Circulation Desk. All Library public computers have:
- USB ports
- Connection to the public printer
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, FrontPage, Publisher)
- Open Office
- Adobe Reader
- Media players/readers for all programs used GCC’s Moodle
- Screen reading software
Free black & white laser printing is available on the public printer in the main lobby of the Library. Library lobby, carrel, and laptop computers are already connected to this printer. You may also connect your personal laptop or other wireless device to this printer – ask a librarian for instructions. The computer lab also has a printer for the lab computers. All printers can print single or double-sided.
The computers in study rooms A, B, and C have connected scanners. While no color printing is available, you can save scanned color items to your disk or thumb drive.
A coin-operated photocopier is available in the library lobby. Copies cost $.10 per page. Librarians are able to make change.
TV stations for viewing both DVDs and VHS are available on 2 carts, which may be moved in to any of the study rooms. You may also watch DVDs at any library computer. Headphones are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
The Library at Greenfield Community College strives to provide students with disabilities access to all of our resources and services. The following adaptive equipment and technology is available in the Library:
- Audio books in the GCC Library’s collection, as well as through many other libraries in the C/W MARS network
- Closed-captioning for video and DVD viewing
- Screen reading technology on every library computer
- Dragon Naturally Speaking and other assistive software in study rooms A, B, and C
- Scanners available for public use (they are also available in study rooms A, B, and C)
Librarians are trained in using the above software and hardware. Please ask one of the reference librarians for help.
Individuals requiring any accommodations not listed are encouraged to contact Disability & Accessibility Services.