The GCC Open Education Faculty Fellowship program aims to lower the cost of a GCC education by incentivizing the use of open educational resources (OERs) and other low-cost materials in place of traditional textbooks. The OEFF provides stipends to compensate faculty recipients for the additional time necessary to locate, evaluate, and/or create appropriate materials for a new iteration of a course.
$500 for individual instructors
$500-$1500 for groups working together
Deadline: December 16th, 2022
- The OEFF is open to adjunct and full time faculty members.
- Multiple stipends for one faculty member will be considered. Please complete an application for each course.
- If you’re applying as a group, your award amount will be determined based on the scope of the project, the number of people involved, and funds available.
- New and existing courses are eligible. Updates to courses that already use free materials will be considered if funding allows.
- Proposals that integrate free materials will receive priority. Proposals that significantly lower costs for student will be considered, if funding allows.
- Students may be given the option to purchase low-cost print textbooks to supplement free electronic textbooks.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Viability: An applicant’s plan demonstrates that appropriate materials exist or can be created.
- Enrollment: Core courses with high enrollment will receive priority.
- Savings: Courses that currently utilize high-cost materials will receive priority.
Have questions about the application? Looking for help researching OERs in your field? Contact Tim Dolan, GCC Librarian.