In-state Residency & NEBHE

Tuition rates are calculated based on your residency status:

In-State Residency Tuition Rate

An in-state resident is a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident who established a residence in Massachusetts and has maintained continuous residency in Massachusetts for at least the six months immediately prior to the date of enrollment. An individual must be able to prove Massachusetts residency for six continuous months and intent to remain in the state. To apply for in-state residency complete an In-State Tuition Eligibility Form. For further details, contact Enrollment Services at (413) 775-1801 or (413) 775-1807.

NEBHE (New England Board of Higher Ed) Tuition Rate

Through the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE), Massachusetts participates in the Regional Student Program (RSP) which enables students from one New England state to attend public colleges or universities in another New England state at tuition rates below those normally charged to out-of-state students. Eligible New England students who reside outside of Massachusetts currently pay 150 percent of the tuition charged Massachusetts residents. To qualify, a student must be a resident of one of the five other New England states and be pursuing a degree or certificate program not offered at a two-year community college in their home state or offered at a Massachusetts community college closer to their home. For more information, contact the Enrollment Services Office at (413) 775-1801 or (413) 775-1807.


If you do not qualify for in-state residency or NEBHE, you will be charged at the out-of-state rate.