Citation Guides from the Library
The attached files are NOT an exhaustive guide to citations but rather a handy list of the most common ones you might need. This resource currently reflects the MLA Handbooks for Writers of Research Papers (7th ed.)/Publication Manual of the APA (6th ed.) and will be updated as changes occur.
While we have made every effort to produce an error-free document, they seem to appear in every example we looked at (and the published APA guidebook now has 8 pages of corrections!) so there could be one here as well. If you find something that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
Download the APA Citation Guide.
Download the MLA Citation Guide.
More on MLA Format
- Purdue OWL for MLA (a great guide to the entire research process, including MLA citation)
- Utah Valley University MLA Guide - Works Cited
- Utah Valley University MLA Guide – In-text Citations
More on APA Format
- Purdue OWL for APA (a great guide to the research process, using APA)
- Utah Valley University APA Guide - References Page
- Utah Valley University APA Guide – In-text Citations