Citation Guides from the Library
The attached files are NOT an exhaustive guide to citations but rather a handy list of the most common ones you might need. This resource currently reflects the MLA Handbooks for Writers of Research Papers (7th ed.)/Publication Manual of the APA (6th ed.) and will be updated as changes occur.
While we have made every effort to produce an error-free document, they seem to appear in every example we looked at (and the published APA guidebook now has 8 pages of corrections!) so there could be one here as well. If you find something that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
More on MLA Format
- Purdue OWL for MLA (a great guide to the entire research process, including MLA citation)
- Utah Valley University MLA Guide – Works Cited
- Utah Valley University MLA Guide – In-text Citations
More on APA Format
- Purdue OWL for APA (a great guide to the research process, using APA)
- Utah Valley University APA Guide – References Page
- Utah Valley University APA Guide – In-text Citations