OverviewWe are seeking a community-minded, committed volunteer or intern to help us organize and maintain our financial record keeping. This is an unpaid position.
Start datewithin 2 weeks of securing position
End dateTo be determined
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Use Quicken, Quickbooks or another bookkeeping program to maintain information about income and expenses.
• Process monthly payroll information and send to accountant
• Maintain accounts payable
• Write checks for accounts payable, payroll, and employee reimbursements.
• As needed, transfer funds from fiscal sponsor checking account to Musica Franklin checking account
• Reconcile checking account
• Communicate with accountant
Required intern qualifications
Skills and experience
• Nonprofit bookkeeping experience
• Well-organized and attentive to detail
• Experience with bookkeeping software
Desired outcomes of internship
Establish a bookkeeping system and routine for young non-profit organization.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship