14 Court Square Department of Planning & Development Greenfield, MA 01301 United States
The Planning Dep works to help the community become a wonderful place to live, work, grow up + play
Apply for this internship
OverviewThe Greenfield Solar Challenge program looks to increase the installation of small-scale solar electricity systems through a grassroots educational campaign, driven mainly by local volunteers, and a tiered pricing structure that increases the savings for everyone as more home and business owners in the community sign up.
• Serve as the point of contact for the Town of Greenfield and will answer residents’ questions regarding basic questions about solar PV, including incentives.
• Facilitate communication between the selected Installer(s), Greening Greenfield volunteers, and the Municipal Representative Contact.
• Collaborate with the Town of Greenfield and Greening Greenfield to organize community meetings and identify volunteers to support outreach efforts.
• 15 -20 hours per week
Required intern qualifications
• Knowledge and passion for solar PV
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience organizing people for a specific initiative
• Motivated, well-organized, and committed to her/his work
• Familiarity with the Greenfield area and residential housing stock
Desired outcomes of internship
The Town of Greenfield has set an ambitious goal of 60 Greenfield homeowners signing solar contracts by the end of December 2014. The Greenfield Solar Coach will be a solar advocate focused on promoting participation in the Program to the residents in Greenfield and he/she will work diligently with the Installer(s) and the Town of Greenfield in outreach efforts to increase the adoption of solar photovoltaic (“PV”) systems.