Project Engineer Intern
Posted on Monday May 19th 2014
Project Engineer Intern
Kennametal – 34 Sanderson St Greenfield, MA 01301
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments
Apply for this internship
Find similar: Engineering
OverviewCurrently under going plant expansion/remodel most responsibilities will be in support of this overall project.
Start dateJune 9th 2014
End dateAugust 22nd 2014
• Support projects to improve upon the existing process. Prepares interim and completion project reports to submit to supervisor.
• Support of overall plant layout accommodations of new machines using Lean manufacturing principals.
Works with Manufacturing and Quality Control to optimize efficiency and minimize cost.
• Cooperates with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
• Assist in Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods; plans and supports programs for manufacturing operations including process troubleshooting and technical improvements.
.• Involved with quality control and statistical process control on the floor.
• Helps in the process of Estimating production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Reviews with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Facilitate/support Plant Environmental, Health and Safety goals.
• Other administrative duties may be assigned.
Required intern qualifications
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write, reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and training programs.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, operators, customers and vendors.
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced statistical theory. Understanding of DOE a plus.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, software including CAD preferred, and networks
• Detail oriented / able to meet deadlines / sense of urgency; Ability to manage and interact at all levels.
Desired outcomes of internship
Candidate will be able to successfully support the engineering team as well as benefit from the experience by taking some tangible skills with them at the completion.